ShareThis

Monday, February 27, 2012

Patchwork Tape Mani with China Glaze Make Some Noise

Hello ladies!

Boo Monday. I can finally join the millions of people all over the world that hate Mondays. Waking up at 6am this morning for work was BRUTAL. Especially when you've gotten to sleep in every day for the past 10 months during your job search. :)

So....sleepy....

I had been wanting to do a patchwork/tape mani for a while now. I don't do them all too often as I'm usually too impatient to wait for all the layers to dry. However, last week I had a lot of free time (I had the whole week off to relax before my big girl job started). I decided it was the day!



I picked up four of the Electropop colors a few weeks ago, and decided I wanted to use one of those. I started with a base of China Glaze Make Some Noise which is a red that leans a bit coral. I added a coat of Seche Vite, waited a few hours, then taped off on a diagonal and painted with Color Club Revvvolution. Waited overnight, then added another diagonal of OPI DS Coronation.  I don't know what it is with tape manis, but I always find myself failing miserably. Other people make them look so easy, I don't get it? I tried my best to get the tape sealed down, but it kept seeping under areas where it wasn't secure enough. Curse the tape mani! Also, on my right hand (luckily) it peeled up the entire base when I went to remove the tape from the third layer. BOOO!! I ended up having to go in with a small brush to fix the areas where the polish leaked under the tape.

Either way, I do like the colors in this, I just don't think tape manis are for me :( If I could actually execute them perfectly (Erika, I'm looking at you!) they'd probably be worth the time, but it's a long process for something that I can never get to come out looking as crisp as I'd like. Ah well, I guess we all have our weaknesses :)



Just another little note -- I might be MIA for a bit while I try to learn how to juggle this full time job and blogging at the same time. In the mean time, Mama will keep you guys entertained with posts, but I imagine I'll be wiped out the first couple of weeks :)

I hope you guys all have a wonderful Monday!

12 comments:

  1. Awww sorry about having to get up early but love the patchwork! I need to get some sleep been up since yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, you did a great job on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the color choices.
    Getting up early is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the joys of waking up early on a Monday morning :(
    Love the patchwork mani! I haven't done one of those on ages! BTW, that kitten - soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Congrats on the big girl job but it does suck waking up to an alarm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I figured I would leave a comment because I've been lurking around your blog for quite a while lol (wow that sounded creepy). I love the manis you guys do! You're such an inspiration. And btw, I can NEVER get tape manis to work. I'm too impatient. haha Good luck with your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so glad you enjoy the blog. Thanks for un-lurking to say hello.

      Delete
  7. I think you made this look fantastic. But, the guilty little part of me will admit I'm glad someone else struggles with the patchwork mani. I have tried this bugger so many times and no matter how long I wait between the layers, it will pull portions up or the fresh paint creeps under the tape.. I get so frustrated on the days I attempt them.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.