ShareThis

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Icing magnetix blue

I'm sure by now you've seen this color swatched on other blogs so I'll say briefly I really like this color and I love the magnet that comes with these polishes - but my brush was SO wonky it almost made me not want to use this.  It was like trying to apply polish with a mop.  Horrible.

I've noticed with magnetic polishes that the design seems to muddy or become less defined after a couple days of wear.  So on this mani, I actually held the magnet over my nail for a full 60 seconds then immediately popped my nail under a nail dryer to try to set the nice crisp design.  And I think it helped!



Incidentally these pics were taken after 3 days so you can see a little bit of tip wear.  But it held up pretty well for an inexpensive polish!  This was 2 coats of color.  No complaints there!

Here is a pic of the brush.  Can you see where the bristles actually TWIST at the end? 


Hope you enjoyed today's post and have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. that sucks about the brush :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! I got this one the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post.. i was about to buy the brand Layla version of the magnet nail polish, but it looks like the Icing is just a as good (and much cheaper!). :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.