ShareThis

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Simple snowman nailart

Admittedly, my nail art skills pale in comparison to Amanda's.  These old(er) hands can't hold the paintbrush as steady as a 20something.  ;-)   But here is a cute design I saw on some holiday plates that I wanted to recreate on my nails.

I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow matte.  As usual with white polish, I had some minor issues with streakiness and patchiness necessitating 3-4 coats.

Then after the base was completely dry, I painted a stripe of black acrylic paint at the base of my nails for the hat then used a dotting tool for the eyes and a thin striper for the smile.  The carrot nose is made with orange acrylic paint and a small nail art brush. 

I first attempted this nail art with actual black polish, but found that it was too streaky and didn't cover well so I switched to acrylic paint.


The ring finger snowman's smile has turned into a grimace.  It looks like he has something to say...

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Who doesn't love a snowman? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Would go perfect with our product especially like you who loves doing nail art themselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these are so adorable!! Hehehe it's so cute it looks like he's wearing a toque!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute! I love Christmas nails!

    Btw...I picked you for the Top 10 Award!
    http://chromacraze.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for The Nail Polish Tag!
    Check out my link here for directions if you wish to participate :) http://peacelovepolish.blogspot.com/2011/12/nail-polish-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.