ShareThis

Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer Butterflies

This is a manicure I've wanted to do for a long time.  I've seen the idea on both Lacquerized's blog and Cutepolish's youtube channel.  I thought I could free hand it myself; but alas - I had to enlist Amanda's help.  She did a beautiful job with the painting.  When I type it looks like butterflies flitting over the keyboard.  I love this mani so much.

Orly - It's Up To Blue (thumb), Sally Hansen - Amazing Blaze (index), Studio M - Frenzy (middle), Sinful Colors - Courtney Orange (ring), Orly - Hook Up (pinky), KISS black striper for the black wing accents and Pure Ice Superstar for the dots.





LOVE.   LOVE.   And so much win!

Editor's note - The Orly Hook Up really stained my nails.

5 comments:

  1. These are amazing Melissa. I have also seen cutepolish's tutorial on youtube but haven't got 'round to doing them yet. I love how you used different colours for each finger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... these are gorgeous!
    This goes on my list of things to try.. :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda & Melissa. I gave you an award on my blog, I love your work and you always inspire me to try new manis ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On behalf of both Amanda and myself, thank you Vanessa for awarding us the Liebster award. We're glad you enjoy our blog and we are followers of yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Don't these look pretty! I've watched that tutorial too,and I love that you used different colors on each finger.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.